A series of blood tests can often find out if the liver is inflamed, Hurt, or working normally. These tests also can tell the difference between acute and chronic liver disorders. And they can tell the difference between hepatitis infection or inflammation of the liver and cholestasis problems with the flow of bile.
- Serum bilirubin test. This test measures the amount of bilirubin from the blood. Bilirubin is produced by the liver and is excreted in the bile. Elevated levels of bilirubin may mean there is a blockage of bile flow or a problem with the way the liver processes bile.
- Serum albumin test. This evaluation is used to gauge the amount of albumin. Albumin is a protein in the blood. The test can assist in the diagnosis of liver disease. Low levels of albumin may signify the liver isn’t working normally.
- International normalized ratio INR. This was referred to as the prothrombin time PT test. This test measures how long it takes for blood to clot. Blood clotting demands vitamin K and a protein which is produced by the liver. Blood which requires a long time to clot may imply liver disease or elevated levels of specific clotting factors.
- Serum alkaline phosphatase test. This lft test price in delhi evaluation is used to gauge the blood level of an enzyme called alkaline phosphatase. This enzyme is found in several tissues. The greatest levels are from the liver, biliary tract, and bones. This evaluation can be done to check liver function. And it might be done in order to find liver lesions that can lead to bile congestion, such as tumors or abscesses.
- Alanine transaminase ALT test. This test measures the level of alanine aminotransferase. This is an enzyme found mostly in the liver. It is released into the blood after acute liver cell damage. This evaluation can be done to check liver function. Or it might be done in order to check on the treatment of acute liver disease, such as hepatitis.
- Aspartate transaminase AST test. This test measures the level of aspartate transaminase. This is an enzyme that is found in the liver, pancreas, kidneys, heart, skeletal muscle, and red blood cells. This enzyme is released into the blood after acute liver cell damage.
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase GGT test. This test measures the degree of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. This is an enzyme that is created in the liver, pancreas, and biliary tract. This test can be done to assess liver function, to provide information about liver diseases, and also to see whether an individual has had alcohol.